From Julius B. Kezi, Kafachan
A four-bedroom bungalow in Fada District, Gwong Chiefdom in Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State was on Saturday razed down by fire.
The fire, which started at about 8:30pm was attributed to an electricity spark.
Owner of the House, Mrs Talatu Nathaniel Angwa, a widow, who spoke with The Dream Daily on the incident said she was in her little provision shop, when she heard her children shouting and calling for help. She immediately rushed to them, only to discover that the house was already on fire.
According to her, the fire defied all efforts to quench it by her neighbours, as a result the property was destroyed. Glorifying God that no life was lost in the inferno, Mrs Angwa said she and her children now faced a big challenge of where to live and what to depend on.
Putting her hope in God, the widow appealed to government at all levels, spirited individuals and organisations to come to her aid to enable her and her five children cope with the disaster.
Malam Shehu Ganga, the district head of Fada, who went to the house to see things for himself, sympathised with the victim and also appealed to government to come to her assistance and rescue her from her plight.