‘Abuja-Kaduna Rail Services Back On Track, December 5’

An NRC train
Share this story.

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has announced that services along the Abuja–Kaduna rail corridor would resume on Monday, December 5, 2022, Managing Director, NRC, Fidet Okhiria, has disclosed.

Okhiria, who spoke on Thursday, 1 December, 2022  advised passengers who may want to utilise the service to update their mobile app from December 3, to enable them to successfully book the ride.

According to him, the services will resume with two train rides from Abuja-Kaduna and vice-versa.

Okhiria stated:  “AK 1 will depart Idu Station at 9:45am and arrive Rigasa Station at 11:53am.

“KA 2 will depart Rigasa at 8:00am and arrive Idu station at 10:17am.

“AK 3 will depart Idu Station at 3:30pm and arrive Rigasa Station at 5:38pm.”

”And KA 4 will depart Rigasa at 2pm and arrive Idu Station at 4:07pm.

 Okhiria assured passengers that the Federal Government was commitment to ensuring their safety on board the train.

Recently, the Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, disclosed that passengers without a National Identification Number would not be allowed to board the train.

The minister, who spoke during an inspection visit to Rigasa Train Station in Kaduna State, said the security measures being put in place before the restart of the train services was 90 per cent completed.

His words: “I think we are 90 per cent ready as far as what we are set to do is concerned. The remaining 10 per cent I am sure would be achieved in the next couple of days for full resumption of train services. Your purchase of a ticket requires you to provide a phone number and a national identification number in order to profile, because that is the beginning of the security checks.

“So, at any point in time when a train moves from one station to another we know who and who are on board. If you don’t have a NIN, you are not going to board our train. It is as simple as that. If you are a minor, an adult will pay for you and will register for you and an adult can only register for not more than four minors,” Sambo said.

Share this story.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.